Terms of Contract:
Thank you for choosing Déjà Vu Consignment Stores. Please read and understand the following agreement before consigning any merchandise with us.
- Déjà Vu has the right to accept or reject any merchandise to be consigned. Acceptance does NOT guarantee the sale of consigned merchandise.
- Consignment Period: The contract term for all accepted merchandise priced under $289 is 60 days. Consigned items are automatically marked down 20% after 20 days, 40% after 40 days. Unsold, unclaimed items will become property of Déjà Vu after day 61. Deja Vu reserves the right to discount items prior to the mark-down dates. The consignment period begins the day the item is entered into the inventory system.
- Discounts: If a consigned item is later found to be defective: torn, soiled, stained, too dated, or damaged in any way, Déjà Vu reserves the right to pull it from inventory, donate it or sell it at a discount.
- Unsold items: If the consignor wants to reclaim any unsold item, it is their responsibility to find it and pull it from stock before the consignment period has ended. A $1.00 per item return fee will be applied. After the consignment period, all unsold, unclaimed items will be become property of Déjà Vu and will be donated or recycled responsibly.
- Commission: Déjà Vu pays the consignor 40% of the final selling price, before taxes. If an items is consigned for $289 or more, the consignor receives 70% of the final selling price and the item will have a 90 day selling period. Consignment accounts are reviewed once per year on Feb. 1st. Accounts which have earned $2000 or greater shall be paid an additional 5% commission on items sold that year and will have VIP status which comes with additional consignment perks.
- Jewelry: Consigned jewelry becomes property of the store after 182 days. Deja Vu also buys jewelry outright and will put money into the consignor account once selected. Jewelry bought outright is not consigned.
- Fees: Déjà Vu charges a nominal buyers fee per item that is not part of the consignor's revenue for percentage payment. Consignor may pick up a check once a month, or purchase things in the store. Lost consignor checks are subject to a $35 stop payment fee. Cleaning is charged at $1/minute.
- Pricing: Déjà Vu will price all merchandise to the best of it's ability, but is not liable for any loss due to theft, damage or pricing error. Consignors are allowed to set their own prices if they wish.
- Dormant accounts: Accounts that have had no activity after 2 years will have any account balance converted to store credit.
Click the links for more current information on what we are accepting OR to check your account.
By becoming a consignor with Déjà Vu, you agree to all terms and conditions of this contract. Contract terms are subject to change.